Monday, September 29, 2008

The Foot Fist Way (2006)



The Foot Fist Way is an amazing little comedy about a Tae Kwan Do instructor as interpreted by Danny R. McBride

Rated R by the MPAA, I suppose only because of the dialog and the child abuse (he's not always very kind to his students, although in a twisted way, he always treats them with some sort of personal set of morals)

This is a little of a nonsense movie.
Total Budget: 70.000 $

The Dialog is pure gold.
It's been written by Ben Best and Jody Hill, who since then have been managing to enjoy some sort of success, both as actors and writers.

Some extracts:

- Do you like Mr. Simmons? Is he nice? Is he talented? Is he good? Is he very good?
- He's one of the best instructors in town.
- He is? Can he break rock?
- Yes.
- He can? With his head?
- Yes.

----

-That's why you're coming back to me, because you've realized how strong I am.
I mean, I know I may seem like I'm the strongest man that you've ever known before or ever met, but the fact of the matter is that I'm penetrable, you know?
I have a human heart that ticks under here and...

-I know. I'm so sorry. You make me feel safe.

-Who doesn't wanna feel safe, you know? But I got to feel safe, too.
And in order for that to happen...I could be the bigger man, but you're gonna have to be the smaller woman, to some extent.

No comments: