Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rescue Dawn (2006)

Rescue Dawn



the movie is from 2006, but got released to theaters in 2007.

it barely had any promotion

Yet, it's a fucking great movie.

Why it didn't get more recognition is beyond me.

I started watching the movie knowing NOTHING about it except for one fact.

the lead character was played by Christian Bale

He plays the role of Dieter Dangler, a US pilot, on a secret mission in Laos who gets intercepted, crashes, but survives.
The whole thing is a true story.
A story that blew my mind. especially the beginning of the movie, where right after the crash you follow him, in silence, as he moves through the Jungle, trying to escape enemy fire.
The whole thing with minimum special effects, very realistic. Documentary style, with a matte image (as opposed to glossy, nice production, lets make this look good thing).

I still don't understand why NO-ONE I know has ever heard of this movie.

What the fuck happened during promotion? seriously?
or am I completely wrong, is this a piece of garbage?
All I know is I loved it

No comments: